Sunday, August 15, 2010

This one's for you Kyle Stevens...Oh, the posts that will never be...

This picture really has nothing to do with this post...other than the fact that Kyle Stevens allowed his children to bury him first and then Trey was obligated to do the same.  I guess too, that this is one of the things I "thought" a blog post about...notice the strategically placed shovel in front of the baby in the background...I could have done a whole post on the way people dress (or maybe I should say don't dress) on the beaches of Eastern Europe.



Okay, okay, I know I said I would post every Sunday and I've failed miserably...I could list some excuses, but I will spare you all my sad stories of my blogging short comings...I know you...all 17 of you who follow this post don't want to hear excuses you want to see posts!
My dear friend named in the title of this post has shamed me into getting back on the blogging bandwagon.  And in his honor I decided to make a post listing all the ideas I could have blogged about...many of which I even "thought" the post, but never got around to typing...so here we go:

  • What it must have been like to take the train from Yugoslavia to Bulgaria in 1953...pretty much the  same as in 2010, only the border crossing at 5am would have taken a lot more than an hour and a half.
  • How it messes with your mind when in Bulgaria a nod means "no" and a shake means "yes"...very confusing my friends...very confusing!
  • How a bird can be flying overhead in the rain and miraculously poop through the very small slit in the canvas covering over our table to hit Trey in the head. 
  • Burger King in the middle of no where...is it real or is it a mirage to these tired eyes? (Seriously, the middle of nowhere...on a road in the middle of sunflower fields, many kilometers from the nearest city...a brand new, clean and modern place to have it your way!)
  • Never get into an ambulance with a man you don't know.  It could cost you 65 Euro.
  • The "Ambassador Club" isn't just in Chicago.
  • Care packages ROCK...all the love we've received in the last six weeks has been AMAZING!!!
  • "No, I don't know the names of the people who just took my son out of the country for ten days to a place I really don't know the name of and no, I don't know exactly when they will return, but that doesn't really bother me like it would have a few months ago."
  • How many people can you feed and get out the door by 8 am without water, and what will your house look like after the fact?
  • The importance of carrying a driver's license with you when you are driving in Serbia...I really can't state this strongly enough...it is; as we have found VITALLY important.
  • How a very powerful God can change the mind of a very angry police officer at the very last minute.
  • The best way to strengthen your prayer life is to drive on the country roads of Eastern Europe...just WOW!
  • There are a lot of things that just don't get done when your days are limited to 24 hours.
  • How blessed we are to have people who still love us and lift us up even though I am doing a lousy job of updating them on our lives.  
  • Sesame seeds are big in Serbia...just ask Jackie.
  • I work with some amazing people who really love God and others!
  • Klima is really a good thing.
  • 42 reasons I miss dependable internet


And that is all I've got for today.  Thanks for bearing with this back-sliding blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Randi, you are a better person then i thought! Most people would have quit and never came back. But you got back up to that keyboard and rocked this blog, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM AMAZED AT ALL THAT YOU ACCOMPLISH IN THOSE
    24 HR. GOD MUST BE ALL OVER YOU. YOUR FAMILY IS
    SUCH A WITNESS TO ALL OF US. JUST KEEP GOING AND
    DOING WHAT YOU DO, YOU WILL BLESS YOUR HEAVENLY
    FATHER AND I KNOW EACH OF YOU ARE BLESSED BY HIM.
    11 SAMUEL 22:33 IT IS GOD WHO ARMS "YOU" WITH STRENGTH AND MAKES "YOUR" WAY PERFECT.
    MUCH LOVE
    JOYCE SHANNON

    ReplyDelete