Not only is it my dad's birthday...it is also the first day of school in Serbia.
Here are a few photos and some quick reactions to the day...
| We are ready to head out the door. Kyle is thrilled to pose (as always). Connor 7th grade, Brooke 3rd grade and Kyle 1st grade |
Here are Trey, Kyle and Brooke posing outside the front door to the school. Connor will pose inside our home, but is clearly too cool to take the photo-op in front of all his friends. By the way, the cool must be working for him. He was elected class president today. We were wondering if this is a good thing, or some cruel joke. As we were discussing what it could mean Trey shared his fear that the class president's parents might be financially responsible for all class parties. We'll see. He said a very smart and responsible girl was elected vice president. She speaks great English and will let him know all he needs to do to fulfill his duties as president.
Here is Kyle with his new teacher. She seems very nice. She speaks English and is clearly a great artist. (Notice the chalkboard drawing in the background.) Kyle said he sits by a boy names Boris who also speaks some English. When I told him about some the messages I'd received about people praying for him on his first day he said, "Well, you should tell them is sort of worked. It wasn't too bad." Which, if you know my son very well, is a glowing report.
A new friend from the school helped me fill out the papers for Kyle to be registered and then Trey and I headed off to our own school. It may not be the first day, but we felt compelled to post some pictures with our teacher. Trey is clearly the star student, standing there proudly, like a super-hero; while I am the trouble maker. This is what happens when I use the wrong case. Keep Praying!!!
Yea! PTL! I am SO glad!!! Way to go Israel kids...and Kyle, you are right...it works EVERY time! Love you all!!!
ReplyDelete