Sunday, September 25, 2011

I think I've bitten off more than I can chew... (Part One)


This is what happens when you go for months without blogging and want to catch everyone up on your life in one massive post.  Well, there were too many photos for one, so we'll make this a two part photo entry to take you on a quick journey through our summer.

June


This is the grassy area we are so grateful for just outside our new home.  Lots of grass and lots of buildings full of people we are hoping to get to know.


We celebrated Father's Day on Ada, an island in the middle of the river.  It is a really cool place.  Lots of green grass, lots of good food and even a 9 hole golf course.


Brooke in her newly decorated bedroom.  It is such a blessing to be living with stuff we own for the first time in 18 months.  The wall decorations are cool sticker things we found at a store in Novi Sad just before we moved.


Nana and Grandaddy came to visit in June.  This is their first authentic Serbian meal.  Our friend Snezena cooked more that we could eat.  The food just kept coming and coming.  Nana and Gradad were real troopers.  We had a two and a half hour meal and it was all in Serbian on a very HOT July afternoon.  We love this sweet family and are so grateful for their generosity and hospitality.


Trey and Grandaddy got to play at the golf course on the island.  Mike drove in from Novi Sad to join them.  It was an experience from what I heard.

July



The crew ready to head to the states for three weeks.  


My three with Cooper...my sister's little man...I am so sad that I didn't get to hug on him.  He is growing up so fast.
This is the mural on the wall in the Mexican restaurant where we ate in Budapest.  It was the first "real" Mexican we'd had in a year and a half and it was good.  Good enough for the angels as it seems.

While the kids were gone Trey and I went to Budapest to meet Jason and Christy.  I somehow didn't get one picture of our time together loaded onto this computer, but it was a huge blessing to have time with them.  We laughed a lot and ate a lot.  Great memories with great friends.


August


.Our new colleague Amy arrived in July and we explored part of old Belgrade with her one afternoon in early August...I need some better pictures of her.  (If only she weren't so evasive. ; ))


KK and Pop Pop brought the kids back in August.  Here are a few photos of our fun in Belgrade:







 We went on a ROAD TRIP while KK and Pop Pop were here.  Seven countries in six days!
Sebia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and back home.

Driving directions and toll booth tickets
The Swiss are the most proud of their roads.  It cost us 40 Euros to drive there and we were only in the country about 5 hours!  
Nice nap on the road

More napping

Connor never sleeps on trips.  It would be hard with those big smelly sister feet in your face I guess.

Killing time on the Austrian highway while things were shut down for about 45 minutes.  It was a beautiful place to be stuck.  We sang our way through the entire Sound of Music soundtrack while we waited.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to remedy that situation of no pictures. Of course, going through 1400 pictures is taking me awhile, but I promise to send you some!

    ReplyDelete