Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Randi and the Not so Good, Things Didn't Go as Planned, I'm Really Tired, Pretty Bad Day.

***Disclaimer***
I love Judith Viorst's book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  I don't want to break any copyright laws (it's been a bad enough day) and so this is me, trying to give credit where credit is due.   Thanks Judith for the inspiration.

This morning when I woke up it was raining and cold, and I hadn't washed the dishes from last night and I knew it was going to be a not so good, things aren't going to go as planned, I'm really tired, pretty bad day.


At breakfast the kids wanted to eat something other than cereal...they said, "Can't you just make pancakes and bacon and eggs?" and I said, "No!"  So so they ate cereal and complained.  I think I'll move to Australia.

On the way to Merkator for groceries on 10% off Tuesday it was still raining and I forgot my umbrella and my pants got wet in the driveway and the Merkator parking garage was so totally insane that I completely aborted the mission and tried to call Trey, but remembered I can't talk on the phone and drive without getting a ticket and so I pulled over to call him and ended up at the end of a dead end street and I knew it was going to be a not so good, things aren't going to go as planned, I'm really tired, pretty bad day.

We picked the kids up from school and dropped them off and went to Merkator and parked on the street this time and didn't have our umbrellas and it was STILL raining and we spent almost 9000 dinar and didn't even get anything fun and I think I'll move to Australia.

And then I pinched my booty on the broken toilet seat, and cleaned up the house because we had three different sets of visitors coming (I was praying they didn't have to pee while they were here, and that they wouldn't all arrive at the same time), and I knew it was going to be a not so good, things aren't going to go as planned, I'm really tired, pretty bad day.

I don't think toilet seats ever break in Australia.

And then I started cooking dinner and I didn't have time to make a yummy dessert and so we had store bought boxed cookies, and I burned the meatloaf (like to smithereens), and one of our visitors peed on Brooke's bed (I guess she had seen the toilet seat) and I said next week, I'm going to Australia.

It has been a not so good, things didn't go as planned, I'm really tired, pretty bad day.  
I think some days are like that...even in Australia.

So, here is the burned meatloaf.  And, in keeping with my day, the picture didn't rotate and so it is posted sideways and I can't figure out how to turn it around.  I bet if I was in Australia it would look right. 

Here is the pan the meatloaf came out of...it may never be the same.

Here is me...showing off my sad little supper.  Not a great picture, but hey...it hasn't been the best of days.




I was thinking just this week about how I always post these sweet little snapshots of our life.  I love my life.  I love where God has me and all the great things we get to experience and all the new people we are meeting and so I like you to see the fun stuff, but some days are like this one.  And so, here it is...the bad side.  I didn't have a quiet time and I didn't study language and things didn't go as planned, but tomorrow is a new day and I will rejoice and be glad in it.


4 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT post, thank you so much for posting the "real" stuff. I remember hearing several times during my years working at ILC that the hardest part of being an "M" (and a Believer in general) is dealing with the little frustrations that can lead to JOY being stolen! I'm so glad that tomorrow is another day, that HIS mercies are new every morning and that true Joy comes from Him and not whatever circumstances we find ourselves in! Have a good rest tonight and have a "Really good, Just as I planned, Raring to go, AWESOME day" tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It made me laugh and feel for you! I have been there...yesterday was my not so good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And then I pinched my booty on the broken toilet seat"

    Oh man, I think I would have thrown in the towel (or paper) then. Three cheers to you for sticking it through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had to go through that entire day to get such a cute and interesting story to tell us all!!! I'm glad that day is over for you and may you not have another for a long while! great writing - luv, KK

    ReplyDelete